How do I import models of objects to Rhino as 1:1? The UnGeek is asking...

The Structure is working great w/Skanect, but when I import the models to Rhino they are extremely tiny. My patterning software (for Marine Canvas–stuff made out of heavy cloth for boats) lives in Rhino, so I must get them there life size to then create my patterns.
I haven’t one single geeky bone in my body, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated! Assume I know nothing–'cuz that’s about the truth of it.

@marinetechvi,

You can either try exporting from Skanect in millimeters or change the default units in Rhino to meters.

-Jim

I’ve had good results in Rhino by setting the workspace units to meters, importing my scan, then changing the units to inches. From there my scan will be scaled to inches for any future work. Hope this helps-

Thanks Jim, that worked! Just re calibrated because once in Rhino, I discovered my measurements were off. Need to check that now. Also, any thoughts on how to get the reconstructed models into Rhino instead of the wire mesh? I’m finding those very difficult to work with as once small enough to fit on my screen, they are so dense, I can’t differentiate between my object and the floor.

Ok, that sounds interesting, thank very much for that feedback. I ended up changing everything to inches and that seemed to work, but my calibration must have been off as my measurements were off by about 3" over 21". No good for my work. Also trying to figure out how to import the reconstructed model into Rhino, as I find the wire mesh too difficult to work with. Here’s the rest of what I wrote to Jim: " I’m finding those very difficult to work with as once small enough to fit on my screen, they are so dense, I can’t differentiate between my object and the floor." I’m playing with the “Scanner” app, but not too hopeful. Don’t see anywhere to set units, and the files look pretty small…but I absolutely love how the scan eliminates the background. So very much better for what we do.