iPad 9.7 2018 compatibility

Hello,

I am about to order a few of the new 9.7 iPads, which have the A10 processor and pencil support, for my school’s art department. I’m also getting some structure sensors! Can I expect any compatibility problems? Does the current bracket available still fit? etc?

thanks!

With each announcement from Apple, we begin exploring how to make the Structure Sensor compatible with each of Apple’s newest iPad and iPhone models. However, we are unable to complete the testing process or give concrete answers on product compatibility until we have the newest model in our hands for testing.

The full process usually takes a few months after the product is physically released for purchase.

Our community forum is the best place to find any announcements regarding new product availability. (Please note: The forum is read-only until you receive an invitation to post and comment after you purchase a Structure Sensor).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

So to be clear, since the new 2018 iPad (6th Generation) was just released a few weeks ago, we have not yet had the time to update the required applications and to manufacture specific brackets for that iPad.

Adding to this:

Actually, the iPad 6th Generation works great with our Calibrator app and general Structure Sensor apps, even as of last week. The Calibrator appwould display a warning, but actually it worked fine since the 6th Generation iPad and the 5th Generation iPad are very similar.

If you’re interested to use this new iPad, just purchase the bracket for the 5th Generation iPad, and you will be good to go. And as of today, the Calibrator app is updated and won’t show a compatibility warning anymore (Even though it worked fine previously)