iPad Pro bracket adhesives

I’m looking for corroboration and assistance with the following notions:

• The adhesives for the bracket for the iPad Pro are not easily removed. Installation is semi-permanent; and there’s a chance the iPad Pro’s finish may be damaged from the adhesives.
  • When the bracket is installed, the iPad Pro will not accept the Apple silicone case.
  • When the bracket is installed, the iPad Pro will not accept a Smart Keyboard cover.

R

The VHB adhesive included with the Pro bracket does not damage the anodized aluminum.

A smart cover alone should work (as should the smart keyboard) but anything that will need to grip the iPad back tightly (like the silicone case) won’t be compatible.

If you have a 9.7" iPad Pro, you can also use the iPad Air 2 bracket as another option.

Thank you for weighing in, Jeff. I might go ahead and order that iPad Air 2 bracket as you suggest.

I wonder:

• Could I affix the Structure Sensor on top of the Apple silicone cover? (I.e. does the added orthogonal-to-the-surface offset pose a problem?)
  • And what is the method through which the adhesive is removed from the iPad Pro?
  • Finally, here is the tidbit from 3M’s website that brought to mind concerns regarding removal:
    “3M™ VHB™ Tapes are high-strength bonding tapes and a proven alternative to screws, rivets, welds and other mechanical fasteners. Unlike screws or rivets – which join materials at a single point – high-strength bonding tape permanently adheres one substrate to another while spreading the stress load across the entire length of the joint. Once materials are joined with 3M™ VHB™ Tape a virtually indestructible “weld” is created.”

R

Hi @raphael and @jeff , I use my iPad pro (12.9) with my pencil constantly and have a back cover with a pencil holder. Did you find a work around for the tape issue. I just got my sensor and I want to put it on to calibrate and practice but have to have that hard cover back on in the morning for work, just wondering if anything would work for ‘on and off’ usage?