Meet Structure Sensor Mark II

Meet Structure Sensor Mark II!

In 2014, Occipital launched Structure Sensor, the world’s first 3D sensor for mobile devices.

In 2016, we expanded upon the Structure Sensor by releasing our own production quality application, Canvas, making capturing a 3D model of a room delightfully easy.

In 2017, we harnessed the power of Structure Sensor again and released our AR, VR, and MR platform, the Bridge Engine and Bridge Headset.

In 2018, Occipital launched a new sensor targeting the embedded and cross-platform market, Structure Core.

In 2019, we are now announcing the release of our new sensor for iOS devices, Structure Sensor Mark II!

What’s new in Mark II?

Built on the same platform as Structure Core, Structure Sensor (Mark II) also includes all of the same hardware features.

With a high-quality IMU and a visible, ultra-wide-angle camera on-board in a smaller and lighter package, Structure Sensor (Mark II) is designed to be a scalable sensing platform.

With so much hardware in such a small package, Structure Sensor (Mark II) will only get better over time with new versions of the firmware and of the Structure SDK (iOS) as we unlock the ability to use these new hardware features.

Just have a look below for a comparison of a scan from the original Structure Sensor and Structure Sensor Mark II:

Pre-order your Structure Sensor Mark II here.

Please note that existing applications will need to be upgraded to the latest version of Structure SDK (iOS) to be able to work with Structure Sensor Mark II.

Looking for the simplest way to upgrade your existing app to work with Structure Sensor Mark II? Please take a look at the following forum post, found here: Upgrading your App to work with Structure Sensor Mark II: STCaptureSession or STSensorController

listed #2

Will Structure Sensor Mark II be compatible with Bridge Engine?

We currently do not have any plans on updating the Bridge Engine to work with Structure Sensor Mark II.

We had ordered 2 sets of Mark II, and we have plans to purchase more. However, since it runs on Structure SDK and not bridge engine, may I ask if the deviation issue (link here: StructureUnityAR - 3D mesh shifts/ deviates from physical object) is resolved? I afraid we may run into the same issue and be frustrated again…

@Shin, Could you explain a little more about your project?

Why is it that the Bridge Engine doesn’t suit your needs?

We don’t have any plans on adding development for our StructureUnityAR project found within the Structure SDK (iOS) as it has been deprecated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

We want to perform high resolution 3D scanning within a boundary box. However we learnt that Unity modules such as Bridge Engine and StructureUnityAR Project are not supported. This may set us back by quite a bit if we wish to switch to Mark II

Why don’t you DM me with more information about your project so that I can help you more directly? Thanks!