Unfortunately, there is no application that can directly export to DXF, though you might be able to use a 3rd party application to convert your files to the correct type. I do know that SketchUp does accept a variety of file formats.
Exported file formats vary depending on which app you use with the Structure Sensor:
- The Scanner and Room Capture sample apps from the Structure SDK export your scan by email as an OBJ file attachment.
- Apps from third-parties will export the file format that is preferred by that developer, but most will export the OBJ file format because this format can be imported by most 3D modeling programs and 3D printers.
- The Skanect Pro software for your PC or Mac computer can export your scan as an OBJ, STL, PLY, or VRML file.
If you plan to scan residential-sized rooms, you might also consider our Canvas app:
- The Canvas app can export your room scan by email as an OBJ file (depth only).
- If you need to convert this file for use in CAD, you can upload it to our Scan to Cad service for a $29 fee. Scan To CAD exports to all of the following formats: DWG, SKP and DAE.
For more answers to commonly asked questions about Structure Sensor check out our support page: http://structure.io/support
For more answers to commonly asked questions about Canvas check out our support page: https://canvas.io/support