New to the forums? Introduce yourself here

James here of Crowtrees Studio. Just getting settled with the new sensor and looking for apps to run.
Check us out at www.crowtreesstudio.com and facebook.com/crowtreesstudio

Looking forward to meeting fellow Structure users and developers smile

(if this is inappropriate, please remove)

Welcome To The Structure Sensor & Structure SDK Forums - Read Me First!

Not inappropriate at all, James! I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't post one of these topics before I sent the invites.

Phil Nelson here, I'm the Front-End web developer at Occipital, among many other things. Welcome!

Thanks Phil, glad to be on board smiley

Hi All!

I'm Crystal the Customer Experience Manager and your contact for all support inquiries. You can also reach me at support@structure.io

Hi James. We've seen a lot of the amazing 3D scans you guys have done in the past -- looking forward to that continuing, any getting even better, with your new Structure Sensor!

Hello James!

We've already met elsewhere, I think! wink

Happy that you're now part of the Structure community!

Hi All,

I am Guy Janssen from Elst in The Netherlands.
Last September I started a 3D company to spread the news about the new and wonderful possibilities that are now available to private people and smaller companies. 3D scanning is part of that, naturally!
The Structure Sensor will be a very good tool to make 3D printing more popular I think.

Unfortunately my site www.key23d.com is in Dutch but maybe it makes some sense to you also?

Hopefully I will receive the Structure Sensor very soon since I am in the first 100 batch.

I am not really a developer but you will never know since I did some programming on other levels. Looking forward to your apps for sure!!

Kind regards, Guy

Hello, my name is Vince Kerckhaert. I live in the north of the Netherlands just 40 clicks above Amsterdam. I am a alarm monitoring and control GUI designer and engineer for large ships and navy vessels. Self employed, and ready to be working with the structure sensor.

Haven't really got an idea so far, but will look at it when the sensor arrives. Playing around is the best way to find new possibilities I think.

Hello, my name is William Chu and I live near Los Angeles, CA. I too am looking forward to getting a Structure Sensor soon since I backed the first 1-100 level. I hope to work on some integration with Furnish, www.thefurnishapp.com.

Very cool application of the technology, can't wait to see what you do with the Structure Sensor smile

I'm Petr Sorfa from Portland, USA (yup that Portlandia). I'm a co-owner of a software company Apparent Systems Inc. We specialize in the apparel industry with very large international companies. We create custom server and client services and applications. We've been using 3D scanning tech for products scans as well as fashion. Some of our public scanning projects can be seen here (OMSI mini Maker Faire) and the Portland Alternative Scanning Project aka PDXASP.

The structure.io is in development cycle to product great and wonderful things.

Petr

Hi, everyone. I'm Eric Cheng, a photographer and ex-software guy. I do underwater photography and aerial photography (more recently). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the sensor, yet, but something will come up, I'm sure. I'm looking forward to experimenting!

Hi, I'm Paco from Hong Kong. I'm running a 3D printing company.
We do service and sell 3D printers.

Hi, I am Mike Balzer from slo 3D creators located in San Luis Obispo, CA (midway between LA and SF on the coast) and I teach, design, scan and print in 3D. I founded our local Central Coast 3D user group and the podcast 'All Things 3D' in which my co-host Chris Kopack and me talk about fabricating, designing and capturing in the 3rd dimension with other experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in this exciting and explosive new frontier. Look for a podcast interview soon with Jeff Powers, co-founder of Occipital in the next couple of weeks.

I normally do not spend a lot of time in Forums, but I think Occipital has created a pivotal piece of hardware that I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of. I look forward to seeing how others are using the Structure IO and welcome any feedback on my contributions and ideas as well. Also, I am looking for guests for our upcoming round table podcasts, which take place every second Wednesday of the month between 6:30 - 8:00 pm PST. If you are interested, please send me a message.

Hey Everyone,

I'm Bill Alley, a developer over at DAQRI focusing in Unity and augmented reality. I'm going to be researching how to implement the Structure SDK within Unity for AR application. Hoping to meet some fun people here and drive more creativity in the AR space.

Hello! I'm Pat O'Keefe, one of the Computer Vision Engineers at Occipital. It's great to read all of your intros -- I can't wait to see what you guys do with the SDK. Since mobile depth sensing has only recently been possible, this is a very exciting time to be in the field.

I have some ideas/hacks of my own for the Structure Sensor and hope to share them here in the forums!

Hi all, I'm Ozgur Guler, Staff Scientist at Children's National Medical Center in Washington DC. My research interests lie in the intersection of computer assisted surgery, robotics, computer vision and machine learning.
I am currently building an app using the structure sensor for wound assessment. Hopefully the structure sensor will help me to make measurements on the wound, such as circumference, area, volume etc.

Happy tinkering,

Hi Everyone! I'm Nigel Choi, an independent developer having lots of fun with the device.

I built a test app to show a full color point cloud that you can spin around with your fingers in real time as the sensor looks at the environment. Here's a video of it in action, running on my iPad Mini Retina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkyBaykCjE4 . It's choppy because I was doing the screen recording through AirPlay and AirSserver, but otherwise during normal use it's pretty smooth. If only I could capture the point cloud data as a video so I can play it back... (anyone working on a video format with depth?)

Hi,

Glad to see some famous 3D scanners in this forum smile

I'm Nicolas Burrus, I started Skanect in 2011 with Nicolas Tisserand and I am now an happy member of the computer vision team at Occipital.

Excited to see what you guys are coming up with!

Nigel - this is really great! Would you mind if we tweeted out the video you made from our Structure Twitter account?