Problem connecting Structure sensor with OS X Yosemite via OpenNi

Hi all,

I’m having problems accessing the data acquired by the Structure sensor from an iMac when using OpenNi. All works fine when I use Skanect, but when I try to run the Samples that come with OpenNi the sensor is not found. For instance, if I run SimpleRead, I get the error message: “DeviceOpen using default: no devices found.” The sensor is properly connected to the computer since I can see it when I list the USB devices that are connected to it with the command “system_profiler SPUSBDataType.”

I’ve tested OpenNI 2.2.0.33 Beta and older versions of OpenNi and get the same error.

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thanks!

Hi @cesar

My sensor is perfectly working on OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite) using OpenNI 2.2.0.33.
I can advice to check UsbInterface value in PSLink.ini (should be commented or set to zero).
Besides that you can raise log verbosity level (set Verbosity to zero) and redirect log to console (LogToConsole=1) potentially it may give a direction how to solve the problem.

Cheers,
Ruslan

1 Like

Hi Rusian,

Thanks for the reply. Setting the Verbosity to zero and redirecting the log to the console helped me solving the problem. The log showed that “libusb” was not being loaded, as it was not where it should be. I installed it with homebrew and I can now run the Samples that come with OpenNi.

Thank you again for your help!
Cheers,
Cesar

2 Likes

Hi Cesar,

I grad that you manage it. I had near the same issue with libusb when I tried to work with openni within 32 bit process and it did appear that libusb was build only for 64 bit.
It is pretty rare case now, but it is also good to keep in mind.

Cheers,
Ruslan

1 Like