Problem with SDK 0.8.1

I am testing the new SDK with our app and we got an AVCameraValibration exception. Reason: “We want to use AV Intrinsics, but we’re not getting them! Make sure that you have set conn.cameraIntrinsicsMatrixDeliveryEnabled = YES on the AVCaptureConnection object (before you commit the AVCaptureSession configuration)”

I validated that we have conn.cameraIntrinsicsMatrixDeliveryEnabled = YES as need. I tested the provided Scanner and RoomCapture samples and got the same problem.

Ipad Air 2 (MH1G2CL/A)
IOS 11.3.1
Firmware 2.0
Hardware 1.0

P.S.: the line number in the announcement seems wrong. I think its lines 145-153 in ViewController+Camera.mm of the RoomCapture sample, not Scanner,

P.S.S.: calling the function currentSDKVersion(void) got me a linker error.

conn.cameraIntrinsicsMatrixDeliveryEnabled = YES

I tried to by-pass the conn.isCameraIntrinsicMatrixDeliverySupporter and forcing, conn.cameraIntrisicMatrixDeliveryEnabled = Yes, but got an NSInvalidArgumentException reason:-[AVCaptureConnection setCameraIntrinsicMatrixDeliveryEnabled:] Not supported - use - isCameraIntrinsicMatrixDeliverySupported

We have noted this issue with iPad Air’s and are working on a solution for the next release of the Structure SDK.

Unfortunately, we do not have any more information about the next SDK version right now.

Any ideas why this would crash on a mini-2 running iOS 11.4.1?

It gave me this error:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘AVCameraCalibration’, reason: ‘We want to use AV Intrinsics, but we’re not getting them! Make sure that you have set conn.cameraIntrinsicsMatrixDeliveryEnabled = YES on the AVCaptureConnection object (before you commit the AVCaptureSession configuration).’

Here is the code:
AVCaptureConnection *conn = [dataOutput connectionWithMediaType:AVMediaTypeVideo];
if (conn.supportsVideoStabilization) {
conn.preferredVideoStabilizationMode = AVCaptureVideoStabilizationModeStandard;
}
else {
conn.preferredVideoStabilizationMode = AVCaptureVideoStabilizationModeOff;
}
#if __IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED >= 110000
if (@available(iOS 11.0, *)) {
if (conn.isCameraIntrinsicMatrixDeliverySupported)
conn.cameraIntrinsicMatrixDeliveryEnabled = YES;
} else {
// Fallback on earlier versions
}
#endif
[self.avCaptureSession commitConfiguration];

Did anybody find a workaround for this?

Hi all,

I have the same issue.
SDK 0.8.1 works fine for all iPads 2017 and 2018, but not for previous.
Is it possible to make it work on iPad Air and iPad Air 2 ?
Now we have to create two separate version of the app, and keep development in parallel.
Its very inconvenient!

Please help.

We have noted this issue with iPad Air’s and are working on a solution for the next release of the Structure SDK.

We are working our fastest to take care of this issue while making this new release of our Structure SDK. We really appreciate your patience!

Thank you! Will wait for the next version.

So if I need to jump aboard now, what do I do. Can I get an older SDK without this problem, anywhere?

Waiting is a problem for my project right now :slight_smile:

Since I currently don’t have an older version of the SDK, what can I do in the meantime. My project is being delayed because of this bug…

Thanks for any help.

You can download the pervious version of the SDK here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jodrjdke3sbbran/structure-sdk-0.7.1.zip?dl=0