Structure sensor calibration problem on iPad Pro 12.9

Hi,

I tried to calibrate the sensor with the iPad, and went through the first calibration screen of the app. However, in the second step, I cannot refine the alignment because the depth map and the color map are not at the same scale (as you can see in the following pictures, depth map are ‘larger’ than the color map). Can someone please advise me how should I solve this problem? Thanks!

@xingyuansun

Please make sure that the bracket has been aligned properly on the 12.9" iPad Pro. If the alignment is wrong, the Calibrator App will not be able to be used correctly to align the color and depth images together.

This becomes especially important if you are using the Wide Vision Lens with your Structure Sensor. If you are using the Wide Vision Lens, please make sure that you calibrate the sensor in the Wide Vision Lens Mode after confirming that the bracket has been attached to the iPad correctly. I’ve added a screenshot of the two different calibration mode for reference.

You can find more information about that specific bracket here: https://structure.io/getstarted#ipad-pro

Let us know if this helps!

@anthony.monaco
Thanks a lot for your reply!

But it seems that the bracket has been aligned properly (as you can see in the following picture) and I am not using the Wide Vision Lens.

Is there any other advice? Or I attached the bracket in the wrong way?
Thanks!

@xingyuansun

Which generation 12.9" iPad Pro do you have? Have you purchased it recently enough that you have a 2nd Generation iPad. If so, this maybe a bug, which I am reporting to the correct individuals now.

@anthony.monaco

It’s a 2nd generation iPad Pro, as you can see in the picture below.
Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know! I’ve contacted the Calibrator Team about this potential bug, and I should hear back from them ASAP. I’ll keep you informed.

Thanks! Look forward to your reply!

@anthony.monaco

Hi~

Is there any update?
It would be really helpful if this bug can be fixed soon because our lab is waiting for it.
Thanks a lot!

@xingyuansun,

We apologize that it is taking this long to find a solution for you. I wanted to let you know that we have not forgotten about your issue and are working on rectifying it sometime this week.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you or your lab.