Structure sensor + MinGW/QtCreator possible?

Hi

I would like to write a windows application that can use the Structure Sensor. I am using QtCreator 3.4.2 with Qt 5.5 and MinGW 4.9.2. I have included OpenNI.h in my project, but when I try to compile my application, I get the following error:

In file included from ..\..\Program Files (x86)\OpenNI2\Include/OpenNI.h:24:0,
                 from ..\StructureConnect\main.cpp:3:
..\..\Program Files (x86)\OpenNI2\Include/OniPlatform.h:34:5: error: #error OpenNI Platform Abstraction Layer - Win32 - Microsoft Visual Studio version below 2003 (7.0) are not supported!
 #   error OpenNI Platform Abstraction Layer - Win32 - Microsoft Visual Studio version below 2003 (7.0) are not supported!

When I look at the file in question, I see the following code:

> #if (defined _WIN32)
> #	ifndef RC_INVOKED
> #		if _MSC_VER < 1300
> #			error OpenNI Platform Abstraction Layer - Win32 - Microsoft Visual Studio version below 2003 (7.0) are not supported!
> #		endif
> #	endif
> #	include "Win32/OniPlatformWin32.h"

I guess that the problem is that MinGW does not define MSC VER. Does this mean that I have to use Visual Studios, if I want to use the OpenNI2 drivers under Windows, or is there another way?

Thanks in advance!

@bent

Is the choice of Qt / MinGW a hard requirement for this application? If so, one possibility is that you do your UX in QtCreator, and write a library for the Sensor using Visual Studio free edition.

Best regards,

Jim

Hello Jim

Thanks for your reply. The use of MinGW is not a hard requirement - I just always use MinGW+Qt for my projects, so I had hoped it would be possible. I guess I will just have to switch to Visual Studios Express 2013 or switch to Linux for this project. I hope that OpenNI2 will be compatible with MinGW sometime in the future.

best regards
Bent