Unity3D - Colored Mesh

Hello -

Has anyone been able to perform a scan in Unity3D to include a colored mesh? Working with the Structure.IO team and they say that there are Obj-C updates as well as code changes required in Unity to make this happen. Right now, the scan in Unity just returns a grey-meshed model. We are wondering if anyone else has solved this and if so could share steps to support colored mesh in Unity3D.

Thank you,

Sam

Colorizing Mesh in StructureUnityAR simple scanner

Hey Sam, where you able to find the answer to this? I too also need to colorize the mesh.

Hello @mauriciod - I got really close today I think to getting this to work. I have to kind of start over tomorrow again with a clean version of the SDK Unity files. I will share any results if I get this working.

Can't get color scans when using Scanner app

Awesome stuff @sam_murley! I too think i might be getting close to figuring this thing out. I was looking at the samples from the SDK, opened up Scanner on Xcode and in ViewpointController.mm, we see where the jpg and obj are being emailed out. Now i just need to get access to the jpg from that script within Unity. Hope this helps

@mauriciod - OK. I made code changes to these 4 files in an attempt to merge the xCode SLAM code into the Unity headers and Script files:

StructureARPlugin.cs
ObjectLoader.cs
StructureAR.mm
StructureAR.h

The Structure team thought there may be a way to use the Structure Scan app to perform the scan and then bring this into Unity - is that the approach you are taking?

We are starting from the AR Unity Package as well so we have to strip out some of the AR stuff - we just want to perform a scan and then see the result in Unity with a colored texture.

Also,

Sam