I’m having difficulties in scanning with my structure sensor and skanect Pro. There are 2 problems.
- The uplink app may not be able to connect to skanect on port 6666
- If I happen to have a connection I get the message: Move too fast or not enough geometry, go back to the last pose
The hardware that is being used:
- Lenovo y540 (core i7, 16gb, gtx1660 with 6gb) SDD or HDD doens’t matter
- Ipad 6th generation
- Windows 10 pro, firewall turned on or off, installed most recent WIFI and Video driver, disabled all other network cards
- Accesspoint: Ubiquiti UAP-AC-LR or Asus RT-AC66U
- Ipad / laptop are in the same network
- Router: pfsense
Log files are found in this zip. I did notice that not all log files are available (i did more scanning attempts that I found log files).
- What could be causing that uplink is not able to connect to skanect? Netstat indicated that port 6666 (TCP) was running. I do not know how to verifify of UDP was available.
- What is causing the “too fast” message? I even tried to perform a scan, whilst the ipad and object were in a fixed position resulting in the same message. Also chaning the dimensions of the object in settings had no result (eg. 2.6 x 2.6 x 2.6 same result as 0.6 x 0.6 x 0.6 meters)
Any idea what is happening?