Using the controller alone

Hi!
I was wondering if I could use only the bridge controller for my VR projects, I would like to access controller inputs but without the need of all the rest (bridge sensor, scan the room, etc etc)

Thanks
Sebastião

Hi Sebastião!

Yes, you can actually use the Bridge controller without the rest of the Bridge. You’ll need a controller (available on the accessories page) and access to the Bridge Engine. Send me an email (jacob@occipital.com) and I’ll give you access to the Bridge Engine Beta.

Cheers!

Hi!
Thanks for the reply, sorry about if I was very brief on my message. But just to make sure, I already have the Bridge engine with all the stuff and access to the Bridge engine beta and I use Unity, the thing is. As an iOS user I bought Bridge with the intention of messing with MR content but also to use the controller to create apps similar to Daydream or GearVR (3Dofs and interaction inside VR apps). I saw that your controllers are built in part with Ximmerse and I thought that using their Unity SDK I would be able to use the controller inputs inside my apps. Unfortunately I can´t connect to the controller.

So, my last hope is that you guys make or give me something that allows developers to use your controllers without all the Bridge stuff (connecting the bridge sensor, scanning, etc etc).

I hope I use and play more with the Bridge sensor, but by now I would be very happy if I cloud make some VR stuff without the Bridge, because the headset seems pretty good and it would be kind from you guys allow developers use just some parts of the system.

Thanks
Sebastião

Perfect! I’m glad you already have all of the equipment.

We do have an internal Unity plugin which just connects to the controller without all of the Bridge Engine overhead. Send me an email and I can get you setup with that.

I’m very curious to hear more about the VR apps you’re interested in building too!

Sure!
I emailed you.

Thanks
Sebastião