Well hopefully this works...

Hello again, I’m posting again in hopes that I can get my issues fixed ASAP, I own the Structure Sensor and bridge headset. I’m using a Halo Prismatic Ring Light with an iPad Pro 10.5 with 256MB of storage space. I’m a personal trainer and use the Posture & Company assessment app. Within the app you can do a 3D full body scan. The images are coming out distorted and low quality especially in the face. How can I improve or fix this issue? I’ve done hours of research and came to the conclusion to buy a rotating turntable that can hold up to 300 lbs. With my lighting setup and the turntable, I’m hoping to achieve the best possible scans, so in return we have the best results with our clients. Please let me know if anyone has had the same issues, or is trying the same thing.

Thanks again
Ty

How to make full body scans look better with my setup?

Although the Structure Sensor and some related apps are made by Occipital, most are designed by 3rd party developers. I would suggest that you reach out directly to the developers of the Posture & Company assessment app to see if they can suggest any improvements that can be made on your end.

Could you also post some screenshots or examples of the scans that you have taken so that we can see what is actually distorted and low quality?

@hitecstudio Hoping to understand a little more about your scanning configuration - are attempting a full body 3D scan while the subject is rotating on the turntable while the iPad and ring light are static? And with the PostureScreen app?

Hey guys sorry it took so long to respond. I appreciate the responses back. I’ve been testing all these different variables in hopes to find one that would work and produce a good scan. But unfortunately I’m out of luck. I’ve tried scanning in the daylight, nighttime with a halo and light boxes, with and without a turntable, using the PostureScreen 3D app and also itSeez3D. Not sure if maybe the camera is defective or what exactly the problem is. I uploaded some examples of scans, let me know if you need more of have any questions.

Thanks again for your help

Tyler

Tyler,
Thanks for the extra info.
Have you calibrated your Structure Sensor to your iPad with our Calibrator App. And, after calibrating, please scan on object with our Structure Scanner sample app and let us know if you het similar results as the image you posted from the PostureScreen scan?

Mark

Hi Mark. I’ve tried many different tests today including the scanner app you mentioned. All with the same results. I’ve reached out and spoken with Posture&Co and they also cannot figure out what it wrong. I’ve calibrated, and all my software is up to date.

Thanks for all your help,
Tyler Dickhausen

Sounds like an issue with your Structure sensor but hopefully Mark can provide a fix without having to swap the sensor out. On a different note, how do you like the ring light and do you hold the sides of it or the ipad while scanning? Getting good light is essential and I’ve been interested in doing a ring light setup like yours but have been concerned about the power cord for it getting in the way while scanning since I always walk around the subject many times per scan.

![853A03A5-BDAF-4A4E-A5A4-BF0A6683DBE2|375x500](upload://nKs7gHFTO4UEuyEi3YoQ3cWJVoI.jpeg)Hello thatguy. I’ve spent every day since I’ve gotten the sensor trying to produce the best scan. I hope nothing is wrong with the sensor, but that may explain all the problems. I bought the ring light in hopes to help the scan, it is the led primsmatic. I too had an issue with the power cord, so I just bought a rechargeable battery pack(attached below) and it works great. If only it helped the scan, I would reccomnded you to try it. I just bought an iPad case that is suspended in the ring light and am able to hold and scan the person from toe to head just by holding the ring light by the sides. The battery pack and cords are all bundled in a photographers fanny pack lol. If it turns out it is the device itself, that is defective I will retest everything with with a new sensor and let you know if it is in fact if the lighting setup is worth the investment.

Hitecstudio any update? I’ve had excellent results scanning people and objects with the Structure sensor but have only used Itseez3d since it’s textures come out a little more detailed. My homemade hand held lighting rig, a frame with handles on all four sides with four godox 32led lights mounted on it, works well but is pretty heavy unfortunately and doesn’t look as professional as yours. Glad to hear that it uses battery packs! As long as it puts out good light I’ll definitely be getting that same ring light and a few extra battery packs to go along with it.

Hey all! Bumping this old thread since we’re about to do a beta of a Structure SDK update with turntable-specific enhancements. This would apply to the iOS SDK (not Skanect). If you’d like to join, please reply on the post linked below, and/or DM me your email!

Hi Jeff, my name is Tyler Dickhausen. I’m a personal trainer with a private studio in Orlando Florida. But about a year ago I was server who couldn’t get accepted into college. None of my successes right now would be possible without structure sensor. I integrate your whole system everyday into my training program, and for the past year I’ve been beta testing and designing and creating a whole new fitness concept. I’d love for you to get a sneak peak and hope that maybe we can work together on something even greater because all I want to do is work hard and companies like yours and others I’ve invest in make the process much easier. I use posture screen, Fit3D, TapMeasure, etc. And by doing so I have made personal training a completely “Personal” experience. Please let me know your thoughts and if you have any questions.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=61HaQLy1Vjz

I appreciate your time,

Tyler Dickhausen

Tyler,

We’re honored that you’ve been able to use our tech to take your career in a whole new direction. That’s really amazing to hear. Would of course be very happy to hear about the new concept and lend any ideas or advice that we have. I’ll send you a separate note.

Jeff